General Club Rules
All player types are encouraged to dress in proper golf attire which includes,
Gentlemen: Shirts with a collar (Mocks are acceptable) and golf slacks/shorts are considered appropriate attire. Shorts are recommended to be Bermuda length.
Ladies: Dresses, skirts, slacks, golf shorts, blouses and golf specific t-shirts are considered appropriate attire.
No metal spikes. Soft spikes only or Tennis shoes are acceptable
Food and Beverage
Oconee Alcoholic Beverage Ordinance – Section 5 – Paragraph (r)
Please note that it is against the law for customers to carry and/or consume their own alcoholic beverages on Lane Creek Golf Club Property. All beer/wine consumed on Lane Creek grounds must be purchased from the Lane Creek snack bar or beverage cart. Anyone found in violation of these regulations will be asked to leave the course and forfeit any greens fees paid.
The Club reserves the right to refuse service to any member or guest who violates these rules.
The Club shall not be held responsible to any member or guest for the loss of property of any kind. Lost items will be held in the Golf Shop, and articles not claimed within 30 days will be disposed of or donated to an appropriate charitable organization.
Soliciting and Sales
The sale of any product or service and the solicitation of funds are not permitted on Club property. No posters, advertisements, publications or notices shall be displayed or distributed on Club premises.
Safety and Accidents
The Club is concerned about the safety and well-being of all of its members and guests. Members and guests should immediately report any act, situation or circumstance that is unsafe to a Club staff member. If any member or guest experiences an emergency of any kind, he/she should call 911, tend to the individual’s needs, and seek help from a Club staff member. If any member or guest is hurt or has an accident on the premises, he/she should immediately notify the Club so that an incident report may be completed.
Pace of Play
• Play is expected to be at a pace of 14 minutes per hole or less, or 4 hours and 12 minutes to complete 18 holes.
• Each group should remain directly behind the group in front, not directly in front of the group behind.
• Players should not spend more than 3 minutes searching for golf balls that are lost or in water hazards.
• As a courtesy, groups should allow faster groups, including singles, twosomes, and threesomes, to play through at the earliest opportunity.
• Lane Creek Golf Club reserves the right to move groups into position if they consistently fail to recognize pace-of-play concerns.
• USGA rules govern play.
• Fivesomes or more are not permitted.
• Unless otherwise noted, golf carts are permitted to travel at a 90-degree angle from the golf course.
• Golf carts MUST remain on cart paths on all par 3 holes.
• Golf carts may not travel within 30 yards of putting surfaces.
• Golf carts are not permitted to travel in native grass areas at any time.
• Golfers must be 17 and older operate golf carts.
• Golfers should repair ball marks on putting surfaces.
• Golfers should rake all bunkers.
• Players are not allowed to enter the driving range to retrieve golf balls.
• Members and guests operating a Club-owned golf cart will be held fully responsible for any and all damages to the golf cart or golf course while the cart is in their possession.
• Lane Creek Golf Club does not employ lightning detection or weather sirens. In the event of severe weather all golfers play at their own risk.
• All rain checks are monetarily based. When a rain check is issued its value will be based on the number of holes that has not been played.
• Rain checks can only be used toward green fees and cart fees.
• A rain check cannot be issued if the golfer begins play when it is raining
• All players are required to check in and pay fees prior to their tee time.
• Members may reserve tee times up to 10 days in advance.
• Non-Members may reserve tee times up to 7 days in advance.
• No show tee time will be documented. Excessive amounts no show occurrences may result in the loss of advanced booking privileges.
• For your safety, walking beyond the hitting line is strictly prohibited.
• Appropriate footwear is required for all guests. No open-toed footwear is allowed.
• Do not attempt to recover balls past tee lines.
• Golf instruction is to be conducted by authorized Lane Creek Golf Club instructors only.
• Range balls and baskets must not be taken onto the course or off property.
• The practice range is closed every Monday until 2:00pm for routine maintenance unless a holiday falls on that Monday. In which case, the practice range will be closed Tuesday until 2:00pm